HA-10 Warrior

Kechkaylo Dave (ATLINKS) kechkaylod at ATLINKS.COM
Mon Aug 25 12:19:56 EDT 2003

To All:

Thanks to all who answered my questions about the UX-866A mercury-vapor
rectifiers originally used in the HV supply of the Warrior 1-KW amplifier.
You've answered my questions completely. Although I will probably stick to
the Xenon-filled 3B28s, I've heard that the original UX-866As exhibit a
"hash" noise generated from using these rectifier tubes. Was this "hash"
noise ever that objectionable in the first place, or were they replaced by
the 3B28s to alliviate the mercury vaporization warm-up time?

In another question: I've seen lots of RX-1s and TX-1s both in the flesh and
on E-BAY. However, I've never seen an HX-10 Marauder SSB/AM/CW transmitter.
Does anyone know how plentiful the HX-10s are today? Were they a decent
transmitter?

Thanks in advance,

David Kechkaylo, W8QIZ