Heath desk microphone

Ken Simpson, W8EK W8EK at FDT.NET
Thu Aug 28 08:44:41 EDT 2003

For Sale:

Heath Desk Microphone

This desk microphone is being sold for parts only,
although you may be able to make a good, working
mic out of it.

This is the brown Heath desk microphone that was
sold with the later Heath rigs.  I think it is an HDP-121,
but I do not find the number on it any place.  It has the
black Heathkit label, and a red PTT bar.

This particular mic was damaged in shipment, and the
head of the mic, where it attaches to the stand was broken.
The actual stand seems to be 100% OK, and is in almost
perfect condition.  No scratches, dings, or even paint wear
on this part of it.  The actual mic cartridge appears to be
good, as it puts out a nice pattern on a scope.  The cord is
fine, and still has the 2 pin Amphenol connector on it, as
used my the SB, HW line, and others. The head is cracked
and broken in a couple of places.  If you have a stand on
a mic like this that is in bad shape, shows wear, etc. this
would be ideal to replace it, use your present head, and have
a nice looking unit.  Of course, if you don't care about the
cracks in the head, you could use it as is.

$30 plus shipping from Florida.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK