Heathkit SB-400 Neutralization Procedure

Wayne Mackin wmackin at ROGERS.COM
Tue Dec 2 09:23:17 EST 2003

I'm about to replace the 6146 finals in my SB-400, and was wondering if
there is a procedure for neutralizing the transmitter that does not require
disassembly of the unit and unsoldering of components? (the only procedure
in the manual is done before final assembly of the TX).  Seems to me that
there must be a way to adjust (or check the adjustment of) the
neutralization capacitor with the rig operating normally - or am I wrong?

Your suggestions are appreciated!

Regards,

Wayne