SB-101

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Dec 7 21:16:51 EST 2003

Dale:

On the back of my SB-101 there is a slide switch that
is labeled "REC" and "COM".  This switch has to be in
the "COM" position for the antenna to be connected to
the receive portion of the transceiver when the
antenna is connected to the r.f. output jack on the
back of the unit.

The reason for the separate antenna input is when the
SB-101 is used with a linear amplifier that doesn't
have a built-in antenna change over relay the receive
side of the external relay can be connected to the
unit.  Also, when the transceiver is used with a VHF
transverter this allows the receive output from the
transverter to be able to feed the receive portion of
the transceiver directly.

If the switch has been removed, then you definitely
need to replace it.

Glen, K9STH

--- Dale Jones <aa7xx at SIPNSEARCH.COM> wrote:
> I am trying to get this SB 101 working right.  But I
> must be doing
> something wron.
>
> 1. The rec audio is week the AF has to be trne all
> the way to the right,
> and the RF is turned all the to the right,it has 100
> + watts out.
>
> 2,  Rec very well when the Ant is plugged into Rec
> Ant
>
> 3.  Why is there a difference in RF out and Rec Ant
>
> Thanks  Dale AA7XX

> http://www.tempe.gov/lists/control.asp?list=HEATH
> To post - HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
> Archives -