SB-101

Chuck W4MIL CEMILTON at AOL.COM
Mon Dec 8 10:32:05 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/8/03 7:28:22 AM Eastern Standard Time, w0qni at JUNO.COM
writes:

> Take the relays out and clean them. They just un-plug and you then take
> the white caps off and use fine sand paper or a very small file to do the
> job.

 List members..........

May I suggest the above recommended procedure will most likely destroy the
contacts on any relay?????   I would recommend using a strip of paper with
de-ox-it and carefully pulling the soaked paper through each set of contacts.  The
emphasis here is on "carefully".

Even minor distortions of the individual contact leaf (leaves) can result in
make-before-break (or the reverse) settings to be disturbed ---- causing even
more headaches.

Just a suggestion!

73 de W4MIL