HP-23 upgrade

Stephen Tetorka StephenTetorka at CS.COM
Thu Dec 11 13:46:23 EST 2003

Tnx to all for commenting...it is very helpful to me.

I might get a Collins KWM-2...and its been said that the HP-23 can power
it...but with ' voltage issues '...

Now....since I have both the HP-23 A and HP-23B...(that are currently working
fine) with my HW32 ( and a HW-12 on the way )...I had thought about upgrading
and using also for the KMW-2.

The KWM-2 ' wants'  800V @ 175 mA....275V @ 190 mA.

The specs on the non-upgraded HP-23A & B read:  820 V @ no load....700 V @
250 mA....275V @ no load...250V @ 100 mA.

How does the upgrade relate on this issue?

Anybody ever do a graph or chart on " voltage/current out VS load " on the
non-upgraded and upgraded HP23 unit?
It would be very instructive.

Tnx all,
Steve