HP-23 upgrade

Stephen Tetorka StephenTetorka at CS.COM
Fri Dec 12 10:27:29 EST 2003

I believe that the upgrade does everything as stated.
That was never questioned.

My inquiries were associated with its acceptable use with the Collins KWM-2.
As shown, its voltage and current requirements are not the same numbers as
shown in the Heathkit power supply specifications.
The main subject was the change in power supply output with change in
load...for non-regluated power supplies.

So far, I have found only one person who actually uses the upgraded unit with
a KWM-2  - and he's very satisfied.

The suggestions - by several kind folks - to use a separate filament
transformer is noteworthy since it will reduce the main transformer saturation.

It would be instrumental if the HP-23 output vs load resistance was assessed.

Thank you one and all for the much needed help to me in this important
matter.

Now...back to having fun with my HP-23 & HW-32.....see you on 20 meters...or
80 with my forthcoming HW-12...

Happy Holidays to all.
Steve
WA2TAK