WTB: variable capacitor for HW-101

Edward B Richards zuu6k at JUNO.COM
Mon Dec 15 20:15:03 EST 2003

Hi Guys;

Yes, I screwed up. I have successfully loosened tight variable caps on
the RF DRIVER BOARD by spreading the frame a little. This time I applied
too much oomph and now the shaft is loose. I don't see any way to tighten
it. In fact, I don't see how the factory assembled them. You can't bend
the frame in, when the shaft is in place and you can't get the shaft in
after the frame is bent into shape. Does anyone know how they do this?

Any way, I guess I need a replacement capacitor. It is part no. 26-122
and it appears they used the same part in the HW-100, SB-101 and SB-102.
Is anyone parting out one of these? Please tell me the cost shipped to
Zip 93065. Thanks.

Ed Richards K6UUZ