SB-303 RF Amp AGC Help

Richard Patten d.patten at ATT.NET
Sun Dec 21 09:37:20 EST 2003

I was cleaning out the gunk from a newly purchased SB-303 and lost RF amp
and AGC.  Still have audio but cant pull in the weak signals.  The RF gain
works the S-meter but does not seem to have any affect on RF gain other
than on/off.

Manual says to check Q101 on the RF Amp board and Q501 on IF board.

Is there any way to check whether I'm getting RF gain out of the RF AMP
Board?