sb101,102,hw101.

Bob, WB2UJD BobbyTrip at AOL.COM
Wed Feb 5 20:00:51 EST 2003

In a message dated 2/5/03 3:17:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, w2jjm at MSN.COM
writes:

> This line of equipment was designed when AC line voltages were much lower
> than they are today. If you want a cooler running rig with no loss of 6ea8
> and
> 6au6 tubes due to leaks and shorts the solution is easy. In your HP-23
> power
> supply install four (4) RS-271-131 one (1) ohm 10 watt resistors all in
> parallel
> in the 12.6 volt feed lead. This 0.25 ohms will bring your two filament
> strings
> down to mfgs specs of 6.3 vac. If there is any small imbalance left you may
> wish to hand pick your pilot lites. Good luck.

James,

You are kidding, right?  Is it April fools yet?  12.6V/.25 ohms = 50.4 amps,
or 635W.  Did you mean 10 ohms? (63.5W, nah)  Did you mean 100 ohm resistors?
(6.35W, maybe).  Whatever the value or power drawn, lets not forget to make
sure that the transformer can supply this additional load without exceeding
its rating, making it run hot, etc...

On a hunch I looked at the Shadio Rack site, and yep, you mean 1 ohm.  What
gives?  Maybe you mean .25 ohm in series?

Bob, WB2UJD