FW: Rejected posting to HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV

kirk kirk at 3RIVERS.NET
Fri Feb 7 12:15:13 EST 2003

The concern with filament overvoltage isn't so much heat from rig as cathode
life. Incandescent heaters are very nonlinear and resultant cathode temp is
too. Undervoltage isn't good either.
Kirk
KC7THL

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Mark Graalman WB8JKR
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 5:51 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: sb101,102,hw101.

  I guess its not a "bad" idea, but I can't see it.
 My line voltage is a constant 124 and I have and
continue to run lots of older gear without any
trouble. Heck, dropping the filament voltage
by even 1 volt at a 10 amp total draw is only pulling
10 watts of heat from the rig.
 Again, I have no problem with doing it but
I don't think its needed. To each their own.

Mark  WB8JKR