Power supply question

Bob And Bettina Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Sun Feb 9 01:05:19 EST 2003

Fred,

I definately don't recommend fooling around with this.  Seems attractive
but, unless you have considerable design experience with switching power
supplies, it will most likely be a disaster. Not a job for a neophyte.
Plus all the problems of switcher noise, etc, etc.  Better off just
looking around for an old honker power supply that is non-switcher type
like the power supply used with the SB-104 or perhaps the one's used
with one of the ICOM's et al.

I speak from a long career in electrical designing with a few power
supplies under my belt (including some of the Heathkit one's).

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY