Knob and screen needed

Kenneth Laine Ketner ketner at ARISBEASSOCIATES.COM
Sun Feb 16 17:17:38 EST 2003

Greetings folks:

I have started working on a Galaxy GT 550A. It looks like it is going to

work out well. I am missing a couple of parts.

(1)
I need the high speed main tuning knob, the outside one that the slow
speed knob nests into. Advertisements show this rig with an outer and
inner main knob set, much like those on Swan radios. The outer knob that

I am  looking for appears to be of aluminum. It attaches to the Jackson
drive with two tiny machine screws just like on Swans. I don’t think a
Galaxy V knob would work — too small.

(2)
Also need the interior screen that covers the power amp compartment. It
runs the entire length of the radio and keeps fingers out of the PA
compartment even if the lid is off.

I have ordered a manual for this radio. The cabinets will go out for
powder coating. The power supply seems to be functioning after a check
out. I look forward to trying this one out - has 2 6LB6 in the PA.

--

Ken Ketner
ARS KA5ELD (Extra Class)
 home: ketner at arisbeassociates.com