54-143 transformer

Mark Graalman WB8JKR wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Mon Feb 17 16:30:37 EST 2003

  I have a 54-143 transformer that I removed
from a "parts" SB-401, this isn't the transformer
listed in the manual. The manual listing shows it
should be part # 54-198.

 All the windings are the same as the 54-198 except
there is only one primary winding so it cannot
be wired for 220 v

 My question is, what kit did this transfomer originally
go with, or did some of the 401's not have 220 volt
capability?

73, Mark  WB8JKR
Support Amateur Radio, have a Ham for dinner
Member ARRL, QCWA, OTC, Society of Cable Telecommunication Engineers
WAS, WAC, WTO, DXCC, GJDXCC, VUCC 2M
Novice 3/71, General 8/72, Advanced 8/78, Extra 8/89