SB-200

Carlos Avellanet avellanet at COX.NET
Sat Feb 22 13:14:09 EST 2003

Hi gang,

Here's an update on my SB-200 for all interested.  I replaced all 6 power
supply caps and bleeder resistors. The amp turned on fine and was providing
about 600w output on CW and about 450w SSB.  Shortly after capacitor C-14 to
pin 3 of V2 blew out with a fancy flash and a trailing plum of smoke.  The
amp still works but power is down to about 300w CW and around 150w SSB.  It
seems it is working on only one tube, though both tubes light up. I double
and triple checked my newly installed parts and inspected the board for
other damage--none found.  I replaced the cap and the power output is still
down.  I wanted to check the tubes but discovered my B&K 707 tester does not
support testing 572B's.  Troubleshooting is on hold until I can verify tubes
condition.

Question, some of this caps capacities are identified as uuF.  I may be
showing my ignorance but I am familiar with uF and pF, what's uuF???  Nano??

Carlos. KF4RRN