HW101 Mods

Malloy, Geoff gcmall2 at EMAIL.UKY.EDU
Sun Feb 23 13:36:25 EST 2003

I've been "lurking" for quite a while, but now have a question. I'm
starting to try to get a HW-101 going that I bought a couple of years
ago. Seems to receive OK, maybe needs aligning, but nothing major. No
output power on tune at all, at the moment. The rig has a modification
which is not mentioned in the manual that came with it and am trying to
understand what it is before I try to debug things. Don't know if the
manual is the one that came with the original rig or not. There are 3
extra RCA jacks on the back. They have been installed very nicely and
neatly to align with the existing plugs. They are labeled, with what
appears to be the old rub on lettering or maybe some vinyl stick on
letters. The labels are: H, V, and B. The H jack is connected to V19
(Het osc./cathode follower) with mini coax. The V jack is connected to
test point G on the bottom of the band pass circuit board, also with
mini coax. The B jack is connected to the carrier oscillator. It looks
too neat to be a home brew addition. Could this be for a station monitor
or something like that? Anybody recognize it?

Geoff
KG4MIF