Variable caps

kirk kirk at 3RIVERS.NET
Mon Feb 24 12:20:06 EST 2003

Graphite is weird stuff. It is a lubricant until particle size gets below a
critical size. Then it becomes an abrasive. I don't know if this size
reduction happens in use.

Kirk
KC7THL

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of The Heathkit Junkie
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 2:20 AM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: Variable caps

Fred

The stuff I get is electrically conductive. Cost about  8 dollars a tube
as I remember. It is called "GC Conductive Grease and Anti-Oxidant".  It
contains lithium grease and graphite.  Stock number is 19-820. They also
use the stuff  when clamping alum wire together.

Have used it many times to get the "wabble" out of SB and HW - LMO's.
(when I can get to the ver. cap).hihi

    (o)  (o)
00ooo---ooo00
      ~~~~~~