Variable caps

Ed Gardner egardner at TWCNY.RR.COM
Mon Feb 24 21:17:24 EST 2003

Try your local auto parts store. They sell a grease for use on spark
plugs to improve conductivity with the wires. Comes in a little tube.
Last time I bought some it was a buck or two.

Ed

Fred Olsen wrote:

> Sorry, Bill, I've been corrected.  Apparently suitable electrically
> conductive grease is readily available, at least some places.  "Readily"
> being a relative term of course.  I also know where to get it, in large
> quantities.  So, how about some brand names, numbers, sources?
>
> I'm still unconvinced that electrically conductive grease was commonly
> used on air-variables due to the hell it would raise if it migrated
> across insulation.
>
> Fred
> -----
> <><
> -----
> Outgoing checked by Norton AV

> To post - HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV

Edward Gardner
KC2BYA, FISTS #6940
"They that can give up essential liberty
 to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
 - Benjamin Franklin