SB-102 output

Leisman wb8baf at VOYAGER.NET
Thu Feb 27 21:28:20 EST 2003

Dear All:

I have an SB -102 I am trying to resurrect.  My problems surround the
output.  I get full output on 20, slightly lesson 15 and 10.  But i get
significantly less output on 80 and 40.  On 80 and 40 I am getting only
40 - 50 watts while on the other bands I easily get 150 - 180 watts. I
am using a Heaht powersupply, the HP-12a, with the switch in the 250
volt position.

Receive seems to be a bit more quiet on 40 and 80 as well, ie: signals
are a bit weaker than the other bands.

It has been easy enough to get maximums throughout the tune up process;
hetrodyne oscillator, grid drive, plate drive, everything seems to work,
just not enough. So, any suggestion anyone might have would certainly be
appreciated.

Also, as I'm tuning the driver grid and plate coils, it has been
necessary to tune two of the plate coils beyond the coil form itself.
Your suggestions here would be appreciated as well

Thanks,

Dave, W8QW