regeneration

Chris Campbell clcampbl at TRAVERSE.COM
Tue Jan 14 16:06:41 EST 2003

Maybe this list will appreciate this.  I still have my first kit, a
Knight-Kit Space -Spanner regenerative receiver.  My dad and I built it
in 1957 or so.    It has three tubes:  one audio output, one rectifier,
and one dual triode that's half RF and half AF.  So basically the whole
RF section is one triode.  I hooked it up to a long wire antenna and was
amazed at what I could hear with that little bit of RF gain--if I
fiddled carefully with the regeneration and antenna coupling.   It was
easy to imagine what radio was like in the early 1920s.

Chris Campbell
Traverse City, MI