HV care

Multi-Volti murray at MULTI-VOLTI.COM
Wed Jan 15 19:15:10 EST 2003

I didn't read all the responses & hope I didn't repeat one, but  I just
remembered...

Make sure the power is off BEFORE you short the capacitor. That could be
quite startling.

I knew someone who did that with a 15V supply with a couplehundredthousand
or so uF capacitor. His screwdriver welded across the terminals and he
hacksawed it off to avoid replacing the capacitor. We got a laugh at that.
There were two chunks of screwdriver still there. I don't think the
Craftsman people would replace a tool for that reason!

Murray

---