SB 401 Problem

Rinkie & Ron Pollack rinkies at ADELPHIA.NET
Sat Jul 19 13:14:15 EDT 2003

My trusty SB401, which has served me faithfully since 1971, has an
intermittent problem.  I'm not a technical type, so I hope someone has some
ideas....

It works fine when cold, but after a half hour or so there is no output on
SSB or Tune, but CW works fine.  The relay closes, but there is no output.
Let it cool, and it's ok again.

Any ideas on where to start?  I have a parts rig, so I can swap almost
anything easily.

Thanks to a great group!

Ron K2RP