schematic for HD 1481

Bob And Bettina Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Sun Jul 20 00:06:43 EDT 2003

That is exactly my recollection of the HD 1481.  It was developed and
kitted when I was working at Heathkit (1977-1981) by Jim Smiley if my
memory serves me right.  You jogged my memory and I'm pretty darn
certain you've got it dead on. The RF switch wafer was the same one used
in the manual coax selector.  The 'pulsing' action of the Ledex was
built into it if I remember rightly.

Another way to switch a rotary switch is with a small dc motor (geared
way down).  Works nicely as I used that concept in several antenna
couplers I designed at Harris Corp (RF Communications Div, Rochester,
NY) back in the early 70's.

Bob Groh, WA2CKY