Manuals

Peter A Markavage pmarkavage at JUNO.COM
Mon Jul 28 12:37:02 EDT 2003

Good idea except for the following thought. If you have a piece of
equipment that was built early in its life cycle, which may be hard to
determine, and, say it had a 5 year life span on the market, and there
were 11 revisions to the manual, it would be difficult to tell how the
revisions would impact this piece of equipment. The revisions (last two
digit dash numbers) could be either manual corrections, printer errors,
part changes, circuit changes or some combination of all of them. So
getting the highest number you can find, when it's difficult to know that
the highest number might even be, or what changes, corrections, etc.
where introduced throughout its life cycle and how it might impact the
piece of equipment you have, could end you up in an endless sea of
frustration.

Pete, WA2CWA