Computer "Elmer"

W7KW w7kw at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Jun 4 18:01:19 EDT 2003

Greenies -

I know this off the subject but with all the talent on this reflector I
thought this would be the place to ask.

Anyway,  I would like to build my first computer.  The machine I want to
build will be the cornerstone of my internet remote control station.   I
know what I want to build but I need someone to guide me through the
selection process.  It seems like there are thousands of mother boards out
there to choose from and I am afraid to make a move only to find out that I
got off on the wrong foot to start with.

Can anyone Help?

Radios I can deal with but computers is a whole different "speak".  I need
someone who understands computers as well as amateur radio to advise me.

Thanks for your patience.

73 de Terry W7KW