HW-2036 squelch problem

Murray Grandy mgrandy at TELUS.NET
Sat Jun 7 22:18:40 EDT 2003

I have subject radio, recent purchase. After the radio has been turned on for an hour or so, the squelch control becomes inoperative. Turning it all the way on will not squelch the audio. The manual suggests checking transistors and diodes in the circuit, which I will do, but I wonder if anyone else has come across this problem and might have a solution. Also, I believe these components will either work or won't work. This would seem to be something failing after being heated for a certain length of time.
TIA Murray