Wein Bridge?

Jack Crenshaw jcrens at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Jun 8 23:51:17 EDT 2003

I just have a question out of curiosity.  I recall, back in the 50's,
hearing a lot about the Wein bridge oscillator.  Supposedly, it was the
best way to build an audio oscillator -- gave a naturally low
distortion. I recall that it used a light bulb in the bridge circuit, as
a temperature-dependent resistance to control amplitude.

It seems to me that one of the Heathkit oscillators used the Wein
bridge. I vaguely remember reading articles about it, and seeing the
schematic in various magazines.  However, none of the oscillators I've
seen, including the excellent AG-9A and AG-10, seem to use it.  As I
recall, the AG-9A uses a split-T oscillator.

Anyone here recall more about which model used the circuit?

Jack