D104 Question

Bob Peters soundimp at POBOX.COM
Wed Jun 18 18:52:33 EDT 2003

Hi Edwin and list...Again I will put  my  bucks worth  in....The
D104  after about 1975 was designed to
be used with the pre amp in...This is according to  the head engineer at
Astatic and the National Sales Manager...
They  both say that it was part of the EQ  curve  because of the terrible
xtal elements out of Asia...Astatic stopped making there
own about 1972....It was not made to make a CB sound louder...This is from
the horses mouth...My Golden Eagle and silver Eagle all
have amps in and work  great...See ya all at HAMCOM this weekend...

de W1PE  Bob

Best 73's  Bob W1PE
Mesquite, TX 75149