Tubes 4-400A and 4-400C

Murray Leshner murrayatwork at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 24 14:04:23 EDT 2003

I might not remember right, but T thought the -C version was a high pulse
power one...not sure for what application (HF radar?). At one point in
history I thought there was a distinct price difference.

I would think that unless any of the construction, dimensions or electrical
parameters differed that the one made for the more adverse service would
work fine for amateur use.

The pulse one might see higher peak currents or voltages and maybe attention
was paid in the construction to additional stress from this.

If they have the same interelectrode capacitance (or close to it) and
assuming you're using them in grounded grid service, and filament V and I
are same, I'd say use them, but hopefully you'll uncover a datasheet for
each.

Murray