Raspy audio in SB102

Chuck W4MIL CEMILTON at AOL.COM
Thu Jun 26 14:53:35 EDT 2003

In a message dated 6/26/03 12:16:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kg6yv at MINDSPRING.COM writes:

> I'm bringing up an SB102 and notice that the receive audio is noticably
raspy.
>   Has anyone ever seen this in
>  the SB100/101/102

Hi Greg,

I just sold my SB-102 and the manual ----------- therefore I can't give you
the exact details.  But, I had a similar problem.  Measure the voltage(s) on
the audio output tube.  Look for out of tolerance readings on the screen (I
think).  Anyway, it turned out to be a 1/2watt resistor that had changed values
drastically.  Replaced it and audio was back to normal.  Best to check all
voltages per the instruction manual.  You will often find some out of tolerance
caused by both resistors and some caps that just didn't survive old age.

Gud luck
73 de W4MIL
Chuck