Peter Dahl

multi-volti at MULTI-VOLTI.COM multi-volti at MULTI-VOLTI.COM
Sat Mar 1 22:47:51 EST 2003

I think Heyboer (M-45 at US-31, south of the Meijer grocery store)made some
of Heath's stuff many years ago, but nowhere near as many as Grand
Transformer - Grand makes Dahl look cheap - I realized that despite apparent
high price at Dahl, they've already done the design so you're just paying
them to set up a one piece job.

I got a quote from Grand on 54-182's (SB-610, et al) and it had to be 100 or
so pieces to make it affordable. Single piece was $500: non-refundable
engineering charges.

I have used Heyboer for small jobs and some other projects and also endorse
them - they are small and approachable  - I have talked to Alden there - I
forget his last name...Arendsen or something like that.

Another good resource is V & F Transformer in Illinois - they were a huge
supplier for Heath (Any transformer that has a 60-xxxx number on it was made
by them)

Murray