KL-1 Meters

John Meyer jomeyer at MSN.COM
Mon Mar 3 20:16:02 EST 2003

Hi All,

Heath used Weston meters model 1721 on the KL-1 Chippewa Amplifier. Anyone know if there is a repair source for these forty plus year old meters?

This might be a good time to warn anyone with a KL-1 to be very careful with the plate current meter. I accidentally touched the zero set on the meter case while attempting to turn off HV, "the switch is just below the meter" and made contact with 3KV. Needless to say I'm lucky to be alive, somehow the zero set stem conducted HV to the front of the screw head. Just prior to this event I tried to purchase a replacement meter because I didn't like the way the meter acted but Heath claimed they were out of meters. When they found out what happened they found one real fast. This happened years ago, just be aware if you own one of these nice amps it could happen again!