Help with dirty HW-32A

EJim at AOL.COM EJim at AOL.COM
Tue Mar 11 21:40:54 EST 2003

Just received the HW23A purchased on Ebay.

The chassis and parts are quite dirty with substantial build-up of crud on
the top of the chassis. I have heard some taking the dishwasher to their
rigs. Really? The underside of the chassis does not have any crud build-up
but at each solder joint there is a rust-red  deposit, almost like a
rosin(resin?) reaction with age.

What would you recommend as a cleaning procedure before I actually tear into
the rig and refurbish it?

Thanks in advance.  Jim  KG0PP