re SB-104A problem fixed

Murray Grandy mgrandy at TELUS.NET
Sat Mar 29 17:40:50 EST 2003

Finally got back to working on the 104 today, and found the problem. Cold solder joint on the "E"mitter lead of Q611, CW generator, "E" board.
Wish I could say I found it with fancy testing, but it was more fancy lookin' and pokin' than anything else. Again, thanks to all for the great suggestions.************************************  Now, does anyone feel like passing along some tips on Heathkit IT-11 Capacitor Tester. This IT-11 was given to me, and I don't know if the original owner ever got it working properly. No manual, but I did get the one from BAMA. Problem is, the 2 higher cap ranges, + the EXT and EXD are not working. The resistance  range also seem to work just fine. Have checked the caps in the IT-11 with and EICO 950B. (Am I allowed to say EICO here?). All the tubes test as new I would say. Have tried replacements anyway. I've done the initial set-up procedures with and without the milliamp meter. Checks out fine. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.
Murray.

---