Books on Vintage Tubes?

Chuck W4MIL CEMILTON at AOL.COM
Mon Mar 31 08:27:30 EST 2003

In a message dated 3/31/03 6:48:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pjhend at AMERITECH.NET writes:

> I'm searching for a nice reference book or other source of information on
>  the early radio tubes of the late 20's, 30's, 40's, and 50's.

Suggest you purchase "TUBE LORE" by Ludwell Sibley.  Extremely good reference
book.  Also, "SAGA OF THE VACUUM TUBE" by Gerald Tyne.  An even better source
for the history of the vacuum tube.  Not sure if the Tyne book is readily
available but the Sibley one can probably be located at Antique Electronic
Supply in Tempe, AZ.  Both books are worth finding and adding to ones library.

Hope this helps.

Chuck
W4MIL