generosity of a HAM...

Daryle Brooks/Wb7Tne WB7TNE at ATTBI.COM
Mon Mar 31 20:29:44 EST 2003

Hi All! Wanted to say thanks to Terry Purdue/K8TP for his generous response,
helping me to restore a non-working HW-8 to working order. This radio was to go
to an EXTRA who had never had a radio yet was volunteering as a VE
tester,giving freely of her time and retirement budget to help someone enjoy
this great hobby.She finally aquired a radio sufficient for her
needs,unfortunately before I could get this one repaired.Yet ,I was connected
with a youth group that can make use of this radio and it will go to one of the
new licensees or the youth club,no charge,just as Terry helped me.I have been
presenting the Radio Badge and Jamboree On The Air for local scouts and
cubscouts since 1995,even providing free new or used radios,as budget allows,to
any scout,cub or explorer youth that would get even the Tech class license.I
never had one taker,even though an explorer group was given study materials, a
new mobile two meter as an incentive( poor kids at a poor high school doubtful
of my intent).The Amateur licensed adults dropped the ball,even when they were
advised that any other help that could be given,just ask.They could come clean
out the junk box if needed.Need an antenna,let's make one or come get one from
me or we could even buy one.NO TAKERS! So when I became unemployed last
summer,I kept hope that someone would be interested.Terry heard my request and
even though I dropped the ball sending him postage,he kept his end of the
bargain!I received a relay to finish this radio and now only need to contact
the youth club to deliver the goods. I am putting radios for a license program
on hold until my finances stabilize and then will support the youth group as I
am able.A lot of good will for 1.09 worth of postage!Thanks Terry.I see that
you live the Amateur's Code! THANKS FOR THE BANDWITH......and thanks to all the
Green Machine
believers for their support!

ALLOW GOD AND GOD WILL ALLOW

73