[heathkit] Anybody know where to find a Heathkit 35 in 1Experimenter Set

Terry Perdue k8tp at ATTBI.COM
Tue May 6 19:20:12 EDT 2003

Okay - I've got to tell you about something I bought at RS last year that
will give you all a chuckle. I needed something under $15 for a company gift
exchange, and found a talking clock that included a half-dozen sounds to
help put you to sleep - rain, train, thunderstorm, ocean, etc. The volume on
those sounds was adjustable. And if you pressed a button, it would announce
the time, but that volume wasn't adjustable. What I didn't realize until
after wrapping it was that the time was announced at full volume every hour,
on the hour, and that 'feature' couldn't be turned off. It turned out to be
a great gag gift. Puts you to sleep, then wakes you up every hour. No wonder
it was on their discount table. Don't know how many they sold, but I'll bet
they had a high return rate.

BTW - does anyone remember an experimenter's system named The Erectronic?
Used a 1T4 tube, and had a much nicer arrangement for wiring than the
springs that were used on most.

Terry K8TP