Precision Resistors

Charles Seitz cseitz at ENTER.NET
Thu May 15 09:23:58 EDT 2003

A suggestion for making special value resistors
that I was once told will work but I have never
actually tried it:

File the body of a close value carbon resistor
to bring it to your desired resistance.
You might also try it with a 1% metal film
resistor.  If it works for a metal film part,
I would use it in preference to a carbon
part.  Carbon resistors do not have predictable
temperature stability and change value during
aging.

                              ---  CHAS  WA2DYA