Precision Resistors How to

multi-volti at MULTI-VOLTI.COM multi-volti at MULTI-VOLTI.COM
Sat May 17 01:26:13 EDT 2003

I forgot to take my technique one step further.

Looking at the 1% chart,

I have 10k and want 9876. I need 796541. I can find 820k

10k||820k = 9879.5

100*(9879.5-9876)/9876 = 0.036%

Remember to pay attention to power AND voltage rating.

Don't put 1000V across a resistor that's rated at 250V regardless of what
fraction of it's power rating you might be dissipating...it'll probably
change value.

Use series/parallel combinations if you need to increase voltage rating.

Murray

Murray