Damaged During Shipping ?

John Cusick john at CUSICK.WS
Tue May 20 09:39:28 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 15:21, Jerry Forwood, K0EJF wrote:
> Sorry, but as someone who makes and receives shipments daily, I can tell
> you that your only recourse is with the shipping people unless the sender
> just wants to be generous.  It is technically or legally not his fault
> for the rough treatment at the hands of the shipping company.  If it was
> not packaged correctly, the shipping company should have refused to ship
> it that way.  The shipping company, by accepting it agreed to deliver it
> in the same condition they received it.
> However you should have insisted that it be insured, therefore by saving
> yourself a little money up front you cost yourself a lot in the end.
> Maybe you should accept some of the blame and move on.  Or just try to
> get somewhere with the shipping company,  you know, sue the Post Office,
> Hi, Hi.  But Please, Don't put all the blame on the person who places the
> package in the hands of the Boobs in our glorious US Post Office!
> 73 de Jerry, KØEJF

Just my .02, but I do not believe that the Post Office should get the blame.
I recently purchased a couple of radios online and the shipper did the lousiest
job of packaging imaginable. Two Zenith Trans-Oceanics packed in peanuts in
 a cheap cardboard box.- 1 of them almopst complete junk by the time it arrived.
The chassis was not properly screwed in and ripped loose and busted every piece
of plastic in the unit as well as destroyed all the wood framing. Although it
was insured, it still cost me money and was a complete waste of time overall.

The seller had about as much common sense as a goat. Tjhe Post Office handled
the situation as professionally as it was able to.

Regards,

John C.