SB-200 Problem

Mark Graalman WB8JKR wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Sun May 25 23:23:10 EDT 2003

  The only thing that's going to cause that is a HV short to ground, if
the tubes aren't bad I would look for a leaky bypass cap at the base of
the
plate choke, but I would suspect the electrolytics in the power supply
before
anything else especially if they are original. I would also place back to
back
connected silicon diodes across the meter movement to protect it in the
case of these problems, I'm surprised you haven't lost the meter movement
yet.

73,  Mark  WB8JKR