Looking for 200 ohm linear taper pot (panel mount)

Army Curtis acurtis at ANDERSOFT.COM
Wed Nov 5 15:38:50 EST 2003

Bob,

If the requirement for the 200 ohm pot is really that critical, connect
a 1,000 ohm fixed resistor across the two outside lugs of the 250 ohm
pot you found, and that will make it look like 200 ohms. Chances are
quite good that the circuit will work fine with the 250 ohm pot, but I
have not looked at the schematic to know for sure.

Hope this helps.

Army Curtis, AE5P
Nacogdoches, the oldest town in Texas

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of Bob, WB2UJD
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 9:56 AM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Looking for 200 ohm linear taper pot (panel mount)

Folks,

Having little to no luck finding a 200 ohm linear taper panel mount pot
for
my less-than-original HD-1422.  I have information that it is a heath
p/n
10-1234, but know better than to hope for one of these.

I would be love to know who is making an equivalent currently.  Seems
the
closest I can find is 250 ohms.  Anyone have any ideas?

Bob, WA2T