SB-102 transmit help

Ron Manfredi wa2eio at OPTONLINE.NET
Sun Nov 9 18:58:03 EST 2003

I am going over a recently acquired SB-102.  Some work has been done on
it; AF filter cap replaced, Carierr Balance pot replaced, various
resistors replaced, etc.  I am getting good output on 80-15, but can
only get about 40 Watts out on the 10 meter segments.  I discovered that
the driver shield was soldered in place.  Upon removing the shield, I
find that there must be an oscillation somewhere; I can get full output
with the shield removed.  Unfortunately, the mic gain can be at minimum
and I still get full output!  (At least I know the driver and final
tubes are good!)    Receive is fine, and the drive preselctor peaks in
the correct places.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Ron  WA2EIO