Neat trick for getting replacement parts into an boat anchor

Bob And Bettina Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Tue Nov 18 22:46:10 EST 2003

While running through the list of URL's supplied in the recent thread on
replacement transformers (specifically the many leads to Hammarlund
sites), I ran across this neat idea (see URL below) :

http://www.webex.net/~skywaves/commrx/Comprepl/component_replacement.htm

which certainly beats my normal process of either disconnecting the old
leads entirely or of laying the old and new leads along side each other,
holding in place with one hand while I put the soldering iron on the
joint with my 2nd hand and then use my 3rd hand to feed the solder on.
 And of course, burn my first hand when the wire gets hot.

Bob, WA2CKY