MARK III TRANSALYZER $20

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 3 18:17:23 EDT 2003

*** NOT SOLD BY ME ***

MARK III TRANSALYZER

Transmission/Transmitter Analyzer

You are bidding on one TRANSALYZER. Please see the picture for
additional information.

This instrument came from a shop that I formerly worked at as a
technician. The shop was fully functional until recently. (The owner
had health problems, and I was fortunate enough to be able to buy out
the repair department, please see my other listings...)

While I worked there, I dont recall having ever used this instrument.
Cosmetically it appears to be in very good condition considering the
age. (I dont know how old the unit is.) I plugged the unit in, and it
turns on and appears to work. (Being older it takes a minute or so
for the CRT display to come up.) No testing was done beyond a simple
power up.

The unit is designed to measure SWR, Watts, and Modulation on 10,
10/11 (11), 15, 20, 40, and 80 meter bands. Apparently it can measure
up to 2000 watts. (!) In most cases one would use this device to see
how much power they are transmitting with and the percentage of
modulation. For modulation, this instrument is far better than a
regular "modulation meter" because with a mod meter you have to wait
for a needle to swing - and by that time the peak has already passed.
This meter uses a CRT type display (which is on in the picture) to
measure modulation, so the response to modulation is MUCH faster.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2561329560

Starting bid:  US $20.00

Time left:  1 days 3 hours
Ends Oct-04-03 18:42:49 PDT