Heathkit Q

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 30 09:07:54 EST 2003

I believe you are correct since there isn't anything
that you have to do to operate the SB-401 as a
standalone transmitter except to put the switch in the
proper position.

Glen, K9STH

--- Rob M <rsmyers at ROGERS.COM> wrote:

But if I recall, there were two *types* of 'split
operation' possible when the 'UNLOCKED' position of
the SB-401 frequency control switch was selected ---
depending on the full, or not full, set of all SB-401
crystals installed.  One allowed you to operate at
different Tx and Rx frequencies *within* the same band
(as dictated by the particular setting of the SB-303
band switch);  and the other type of 'split' allowed
you to operate fully across completely different bands
---- with say, the SB-303 on 40 meters, and the SB-401
on 15 meters.

=====
Glen, K9STH