HW101 question

CyberGeezer cybergeezer74 at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 1 18:13:04 EDT 2003

I just solved a problem of one of the bandswitch shield plates
shorting to the RF Driver board.  In the process of tracking
it down I reviewed the article "Restoring the HW101" in CQ for
November 2001.

    I came across something in there that I find confusing--
on page 36, in the right-hand column--
"There's a cover that shields the several PC boards the
bandswitch runs through.  Remove this cover plate and you will
see the various smaller PC boards clustered around the
bandswitch.  There is a steel comb that holds the edge of each
of the boards.  Make sure that these PC boards are soldered to
the metal combs. ..."

    Mine are certainly not soldered to the metal combs.  I
checked the pertinent portion of the assembly instructions,
and there is no mention of any such soldering.

    Anybody know anything about this?

    (My serial number:  12431.  My manual:  595-1277-06.)

73 de W2GERry