AM Special Station

Peter A Markavage pmarkavage at JUNO.COM
Fri Sep 26 02:27:12 EDT 2003

Since Channel 5 is sponsoring the event, they're probably going to have
some reporters and cameras roaming for local news coverage. Although
pictures and a paragraph in QST would be great for the folks who set up
and operated the station, an even greater bonus would be to have TV media
coverage. Getting a reporter and camera over to the area, have an ARRL
"official" or someone who is not shy in front of a camera or microphone,
pitch the great services amateurs have provided locally and nationally,
presently, and in the past. It would also be a great opportunity for the
same person to pitch the potential destruction of much of amateur radio,
even at the local level, if the BPL implementation continues to move
forward and is approved. You never know who might be watching and
listening at the other end of the picture tube. However, hope will not
give you good press.  Someone there needs to push to make it happen.

Pete, wa2cwa

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:19:00 -0500 Bob Peters <soundimp at pobox.com>