re BH Screws

Brian Wood brianmwood at EMAIL.MSN.COM
Thu Apr 8 09:57:37 EDT 2004

A web search reveals that there are both Binder Head AND Button Head screws.
I had never heard of a binder head before, so I learned something. I have
used button head screws before, and they are rounded head screws that
typically require an allen wrench to tighten them. Who knows which Heath
meant?

Brian, W0DZ

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Dwight Smith
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 5:35 AM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: re BH Screws

Several replies saying it means "Binder Head", + one who says it means "BH
stands for Button Head. It's a tamper-proof screw requiring a special
screwdriver to install and remove".

It is not a tamper proof screw and does not require a special screwdriver!
Binder head is correct but it requires a normal screwdriver.

Dwight

WB8JPJ