Non heath but coud be..

William Strong maytag at EN-TEL.NET
Tue Apr 20 19:17:00 EDT 2004

 Hoping some one can assist me in solving a problem..
 have home brew Amp wit 4-440 A tubes .
 It has been operational in times past but at present is a problem
 I am using Icom765 for the driver.
 There is a Drake antenna tuner.
 When set up to go with out the amplifier on line I can get the Icom SWR meter  for near flat indication and the antenna tuner meter will  follow this  also.  Things looking good.
 I turn on the amp and I can get  a near flat antenna SWR reading with the Drake tuner..
 However the SWR indication on the ICOM is pretty high,  over 2/12 and I cannot  get it to  move from this indication .
 The amp has a tuned input circuit from some unknown supplier.(AEA?)
 It consists of a set of torroids for each band with a relay  to select the band.  The relays are selected  when the amp band switch selects the band  Each band in this input board has 2 padder caps.   The amp will  provide good output but  am I wrong in thinking things would be better if the Icom would  have a  lower SWR?
 Puzzled..
  Bill
 W0BKA

W.A. Strong